- Core Chucks
- Core Shafts
- Safety Chucks
- Roll Stands and Processing Modules
- Brakes / Brake Pads
- Core Cutters
- Reel Spools / Reel Spool Shafts
- Slitting Systems / Knife Holders / Slitting Accessories
- Material Handling
- Core Plugs
- Web Tension Control Systems
- Rotary Unions
UC-3000 Important Characteristics
Lightweight, durable bladder chucks make running large and/or various sized cores quick, easy, and safe. Simply mount the adapter chucks on a core shaft to run rolls with alternate core sizes.
- 30 to 50 percent lighter than competing core chucks or adapters.
- Proprietary urethane bladder material resists stretching, cutting, and abrasion - doesn't swell like rubber so the air chucks don't get stuck in cores.
- Rugged clamping flange does not suffer from the recurring fatigue problems seen in other bladder chucks.
- Easty air inflation; optional connecting air hose allows multiple chucks to be inflated simultaneously.
- No need for maintenance.
UC-3000 Bladder Chuck Components
- High-strength aluminum body minimizes chuck weight.
- High-strength clamping flange allows easy positioning of chuck, but will not crack or break.
- Stainless steel air valve will not rust.
- Stopping flange allows easy roll positioning.
- Flange Cap
- Proprietary polyurethane bladder resists stretching and puncture - can even withstand repeated knife cuts.
- End cap.
Three-inch UC-3000 Air Chucks
- The three-inch UC-3000 air bladder chuck is often used in web applications with light to medium tension and with light roll weights.
- Mounts easily onto a through shaft, and usually works in conjunction with a supporting roll collar at the opposite end of the roll.
- The chuck commonly replaces old-style cones or wedges (which are heavy and/or labor-intensive to use) on narrow web packaging, form, fill & seal, and tag, tape & label machinery.
- The LC-1000 Latching Roller Chuck is commonly used in similar applications when air inflation is not possible or not desired.
- Also available as a cantilevered air chuck.
UC–3000 “Ultra-Chuck” bladder air chucks are lightweight shaft-mounted adapters which make running various core sizes quick and easy. The chucks can be repositioned or replaced with little effort to accommodate various web widths or different core sizes. An optional air hose connects two chucks for simultaneous inflation and deflation. The Ultra–Chuck is a proven product from an industry leader. It performs reliably and consistently, and carries a long, comprehensive warranty. Solid body design and dual clamps are available for heavy duty applications.
You Might Also Be Interested In...
Metal Expanding Lug Shafts
Air shafts are available in steel, aluminum, or lightweight carbon fiber; suitable for all types of winding applications.
Carbon Fiber Expanding Lug Shafts
Carbon fiber core shafts minimize shaft weight without sacrificing strength or stiffness; perfect for unwind and rewind converting applications.
LC-1000 Latching Roller Core Chucks
Core chuck for narrow web converting machines; allows quick roll changes (without tools or air) in low-tension converting and packaging applications.
Receive a Free Quote