- Core Chucks
- Core Shafts
- Safety Chucks
- Roll Stands and Processing Modules
- Brakes / Brake Pads
- Core Cutters
- Reel Spools / Reel Spool Shafts
- Slitting Systems / Knife Holders / Slitting Accessories
- Material Handling
- Core Plugs
- Web Tension Control Systems
- Rotary Unions
Double E's diverse capabilities make any type of slitting stand, station, or module possible. Integrated in-line slitting stands, trim units, drop-in retrofit modules, and even stand-alone slitter rewinders, and are all possible.
- Shear, crush, or razor configurations.
- Patented “Expando” bottom knives allow refreshing of cutting surfaces without removing shaft from machine.
- Integrated nip section – set knife shaft over-speed directly from driven nip.
- Manual, semi-automatic, or automatic positioning for faster changeovers.
Slitting Stand Examples
Center Cut Slitting Stations
This center cut slitting station was a unique design that was engineered for a commercial printer that needed a center slitting unit for their Xeikon digital printer.
This stand-alone station featured the Mario Cotta "Tiny" shear cut holder and the "Expando" style anvil with removable cutting edge.
Learn more about this story.
Unwind / Slit / Rewinders or Unwind / Trim / Rewinders
Drop-In Slitting Sations
Double E slitting stations are custom-built to the customer's exact needs and specifications to handle a variety of materials, web widths and slit widths. For more information about drop-in slitting stations, please see the dedicated page (Slitting Stations).
- Shear, crush, or razor configurations
- Designed to allow for future upgrades
- Siemens motor drives and controls
- Variety of mounting rail options – dovetail, rack & pinion, linear bearing
- Non-Expanding or Expanding Knife Shafts with Multiple Anvil Clamping Options
You Might Also Be Interested In...
Slitting Stations and Modules
Easy drop-in modules to upgrade old slitting equipment or to add slitting to an existing converting process.
Pneumatic Knife Holders
"Tiny" Series (Type 1),"Gold" Series (Type 2), and "Platinum" (Type 3) Series knife holders for optimum slitting performance; easy upgrade from existing holders.
Unwind Stands - Shafted
Complete pre-configured unwind stands for unwinding web material, with optional tension control and web guiding.
Receive a Free Quote