- Core Chucks
- Core Shafts
- Safety Chucks
- Roll Stands and Processing Modules
- Brakes / Brake Pads
- Portable Pneumatic Winder
- Core Cutters
- Reel Spools / Reel Spool Shafts
- Slitting Systems / Knife Holders / Slitting Accessories
- Material Handling
- Core Plugs
- Web Tension Control Systems
- Rotary Unions
Metal Expanding Lug Shafts for your Converting Applications
The DG-2000 pneumatic metal expanding lug shaft features the heavy duty construction required for use in the converting industry along with critical ergonomics to ensure worker safety and efficiency.
Manufactured with the user in mind, Double E’s metal expanding lug shafts utilize our proprietary lightweight bladder technology and quick-change journal systems to limit costly converting line downtime.
- Double E expanding air shafts use the company's exclusive diamond pattern gripping lugs for gripping the core. The lugs' large surface area ensures extra core contact for even better performance.
- The shaft's housing is made from steel or aircraft-grade aluminum (DG-2000), or from various grades of carbon fiber (DLB-2000), depending on application requirements.
- Special corded bladder material resists puncture and abrasion. As a result, the air shaft needs little, if any, maintenance and the shaft lasts longer.
- The air shaft's journals are connected using high-strength flathead fasteners, a close tolerance fit, and deep insertion. Maintenance is rare, but when necessary it is quick and easy because a press-fit is not used.
- The shaft's stainless steel air valve will never rust.
- Air shaft journals are custom-manufactured to fit your machine.
Engineered specifically for the converting industry, ShaftSafe® is the first real time air pressure monitoring system for Double E and Convertech air shafts and bladder chucks
- Real time monitoring of air inflation, deflation and operating pressures
- Simple user interface on full-color touch screen
- Audible and Visual alarms alert operator to user-determined minimum and maximum pressures.
- Retrofittable to your existing Double E air shafts
Backed by more than 40 years of experience, all products manufactured by Double E including our metal expanding lug shafts are covered by a one-year warranty and will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period of twelve months from the date of original shipment to the original buyer.
DG-2000 Metal Air Shafts
Competing air shaft bladders are made with a common form of neoprene rubber which requires frequent replacement due to stretching and abrasion.
Double E air shaft lugs are available with a “diamond-grip” surface in steel, aluminum, or hard rubber, and have been field-proven to provide the maximum gripping performance possible.
Easy-maintenance journal connection - secured with flathead screws, a close tolerance fit, and deep insertion. Competing air shafts (roll shafts) often use a tapered press fit, which requires a hydraulic press and heat to remove the journals. Bladder replacement on these shafts can take hours while the bladder of a Dyna–Grip air shaft can be changed in just a few minutes.
DLB-2000 Carbon Fiber Air Shafts
Replace heavy steel core shafts without sacrificing strength or stiffness. Carbon fiber core shafts are typically half the weight of their steel counterparts.
For more specific information about Double E carbon fiber air shafts, please click here..
DG & DLB Lug Shafts Manual
An overview and instructions for use of Double E DG & DLB Expanding Metal Lug Shafts.
If you purchased the UC-3000 Air-Inflated Bladder Core Chuck, you might also be interested in...
Auto-Lock™ Safety Chuck - The World’s Safest Safety Chuck™
The World's Safest Safety Chuck™ features Fail-Safe Closing™, guaranteeing automatic closing when the shaft begins to rotate.
Carbon Fiber Expanding Lug Shafts
Carbon fiber core shafts minimize shaft weight without sacrificing strength or stiffness; perfect for unwind and rewind converting applications.
UC-3000 Air-Inflated Bladder Core Chucks
UC–3000 bladder air chucks are lightweight shaft adapters that accommodate various web widths to make running different core diameters on a single shaft quick and easy.
Safety Chucks - Standard Sliding Models
Double E safety chucks make shaft loading simple. Flange or foot-mounted models available with turned square, square, circular, or triangular shaft engagements.
Receive a Free Quote