- Core Chucks
- Core Shafts
- Safety Chucks
- Roll Stands and Processing Modules
- Brakes / Brake Pads
- Portable Pneumatic Winder
- Core Cutters
- Reel Spools / Reel Spool Shafts
- Slitting Systems / Knife Holders / Slitting Accessories
- Material Handling
- Core Plugs
- Web Tension Control Systems
- Rotary Unions
SR-2000 Slitter Rewinder Core Shaft - Important Characteristics
The SR-2000 is an external element core shaft for multiple slit rewinding. Variations of the shaft include strip chucks (for cantilevered winding applications or for mounting on another shaft to adapt to various core sizes) and knife shafts (for holding bottom anvils in slitting operations).
For more information about Double E's new ultra-lightweight strip shaft for six-inch cores, please click here.
- For multiple slit rewinding.
- Simple clamping unit secures bladder/gripping element assembly for easy maintenance.
- Durable hard rubber grippers offer excellent core grip.
- Protective Teflon strip covers bladder to reduce liklihood of bladder failure.
- Brass air valve resists corrosion.
Expanding External Element Gripping Shafts
- Core shaft diameters starting at one inch.
- Multiple external expansion elements to grip the inside diameter of any core material.
- Gripping elements are activated by simultaneously inflating bladders with a single air valve.
- While bladders rarely fail (because of our proprietary material and metal protection strip), the process to replace one is simple and quick. Likewise, the gripping element can be replaced easily by loosening a single set screw in the clamping unit.
- Hard rubber elements are standard; silicone and aluminum are available to suit various applications.
- Minimizes core distortion and wall damage.
- Economical to purchase and maintain.
Ultra-Lightweight Strip Shafts for Six-Inch Cores
Brand New Design!
- Double E Ultra-Lightweight Strip ShaftsProprietary aluminum extrusion minimizes shaft weight in both light and heavy–duty applications (over 20% lighter than Double E’s standard SR–2000 strip shaft while maintaining the same strength).
- Brass air valves for corrosion resistance, custom–made steel journals,
- Aircraft–grade aluminum bodies.
- High–performance bladders and rugged gripping elements.
- Affordable and easy to maintain
SRC-2000 Strip Chucks
- Any length and any diameter - used in through-shaft or cantilevered applications.Chuck body provides solid strength which prevents roll bounce and vibration.
- Simple clamping collar facilitates repositioning of the chuck.
- Bladders are tough, dependable, and easy to replace.
- External elements come standard as rugged silicone, but other materials such as aluminum and hard rubber are also available to suit various applications.
- Tight-tolerance external element shaft which holds anvils or knives precisely in place for slitting operations.
- A single air valve is used to supply air to the bladders.
- When the bladders expand, they force the gripping elements to grip the interior diameter of the knives, preventing axial movement and ensuring exact, consistent cuts.
- No tools are necessary to secure the knives.
- Chrome-plated, polished steel for added precision between the shaft body and the interior diameter of the knives.
- All of the other characteristics of the knife shaft are similar to the standard SR–2000 strip shaft.
If you purchased the UC-3000 Air-Inflated Bladder Core Chuck, you might also be interested in...
Differential Rewinding Core Shafts
Independent, simultaneous winding of narrow and/or varying slit widths; uniform rolls even with variable material thicknesses.
Carbon Fiber Expanding Lug Shafts
Carbon fiber core shafts minimize shaft weight without sacrificing strength or stiffness; perfect for unwind and rewind converting applications.
Safety Chucks - Standard Sliding Models
Double E safety chucks make shaft loading simple. Flange or foot-mounted models available with turned square, square, circular, or triangular shaft engagements.
Receive a Free Quote