- Core Chucks
- Core Shafts
- Safety Chucks
- Roll Stands and Processing Modules
- Brakes / Brake Pads
- Core Cutters
- Reel Spools / Reel Spool Shafts
- Slitting Systems / Knife Holders / Slitting Accessories
- Material Handling
- Core Plugs
- Web Guides
- Web Tension Control Systems
- Rotary Unions
Powell Engineering shaftless unwind stands
Simple and robust unwind stands for shaftless web processing, using Double E DF-2000 core chucks and Combiflex pneumatic brakes.
- Eliminates shaft-related lifting injuries.
- Quick, safe, one-person roll changes.
- Simple installation and operation.
- Extraordinary reliability and low maintenance.
- Available with edge guiding and open or closed loop tension controls.
Powell Model EP Shaftless Unwind Stand
The model EP (Eccentric Pivot™) shaftless unwind minimizes downtime between rolls to give you hours more production daily! The time tested proven moneymaker Model EP is used by converters worldwide for increased safety and production.
- The Model EP is available for roll sizes under and up to 60", 72", 84", 100" and 114" diameters.
- Roll widths range from 16" up to 160".
- Roll weights up to 10,000 Ibs.
Powell Model EP Junior
The model EP Junior Eccentric Pivot™ roll-lifting shaftless unwind minimizes downtime between rolls to give more production. Its standard configuration includes a hydraulic lateral adjustment. This can be seamlessly integrated with an edge guide. Options include a variety of core chucks, tensioning systems and custom configurations. A wide range of roll sizes can be accommodated.
- The Model EP Junior is available for roll sizes under and up to 36", 48", 60", and 72" diameters.
- Roll widths up to 36".
- Roll weights up to 3,000 Ibs.
Powell Model DU (Dual Roll)
The model DU dual roll shaftless unwind is perfect for multiple web applications. The unwinds are loaded from the ends or from a side loading roll cart. The unwinds can be placed under an overhead transfer structure which may contain, tension control and web steering devices. The DU series is designed to have the same reliable nature as the proven models EP and EP Junior.
Motorized Aisle - Loading Option
With motorized aisle loading, it is easy to handle muliple webs in a single line. The unwinds more laterally to quickly retrieve a waiting roll. A pair of unwinds, one equipped with the aisle loading option, often makes more sense than a turret unwind.
Shaftless Unwind Belt Driven Unwind Option
The model GB belt drive, used with the model EP unwind, is an excellent solution for low tension applications such as tissue or nonwovens.
You Might Also Be Interested In...
DF-2000 Torque Activated Core Chucks
The world's most popular torque-activated core chuck uses rolling friction inside the chuck to lift and center the roll. Easy retrofits, no-slip grip, no end-of-roll waste.
Pneumatic Brakes for Unwind Stands
Double E EE250 pneumatic brake products for any roll stand - longest pad life, no squealing.
Unwind Stands - Shafted
Complete pre-configured unwind stands for unwinding web material, with optional tension control and web guiding.
Receive a Free Quote