- Core Chucks
- Core Shafts
- Safety Chucks
- Roll Stands and Processing Modules
- Brakes / Brake Pads
- Core Cutters
- Reel Spools / Reel Spool Shafts
- Slitting Systems / Knife Holders / Slitting Accessories
- Core Plugs
- Web Guides
- Web Tension Control Systems
- Rotary Unions
Web Tension Control - Closed or Open Loop Configurations
Various web tension control systems available using controllers, load cells, dancers, ultrasonic sensors, and amplifiers.
- Closed Loop Web Tension Controllers
- Open Loop Web Tension Controllers with Ultrasonic Sensors
- Integrated Web Tension Control Systems
- Load Cells
Closed Loop Web Tension Controllers
MW.90.10 / T.One Controllers
- Three (3) P.I.D. settings for acceleration, running, and deceleration — controller maintains consistent tension relative to line speed; does not use an average value.
- Digital input display and digital output scale to easily monitor the brake or drive being controlled.
- Ten (10) programmable presets allow easy switching from one material to another.
- Controller “remembers” optimal running parameters for each situation.
- Operator-friendly and easy to interface with existing machine controls.
Open Loop Controllers / Ultrasonic Sensors
MW.60.01 / TS.3
- The TS.3 sensor and MW.60.01 controller are parts of a user-friendly tension system that is easy to set up and use.
- Digital set point adjustment with tapered tension standard.
- Ten (10) programmable memories; digital input / output scale.
US.3 Sensor / Controller
- Simple sensor with integrated web tension controller sends signals relative to roll diameter.
Integrated Web Tension Control Systems
Integrated systems package all electrical and pneumatic components in a single ready-to-mount, NEMA-style enclosure. Ideal for end users wishing to simplify installation.
- Various mounting styles including flange-mounted (CF series), foot-mounted (CB series), through-shaft (CK series), and cantilevered.
- Full-bridge strain gages improve accuracy by allowing controller to average the input from both load cells. Also, if one load cell malfunctions, the tension control system can still work with an easy recalibration.
- Integrated mechanical stop protects strain gage; 300% maximum overload.
CF.85 Flange Mount Load Cell
CK.100 Through-Shaft Load Cell
CB.80 Foot-Mount Load Cell
- The CB load cell handles extremely heavy rollers and high tensions. It is not a compressive load cell. Instead, it measures force tangent to the mounting surface so the weight of the roller does not register within the output scale. This design ensures accuracy even under severe conditions.
Load cell signals should be amplified when the distance from the load cells to the controller is greater than 30 feet, or when signal compatibility with an existing PLC is required
Combiflex Pneumatic Brakes and Eleflex Powder Brakes
Combiflex pneumatic brakes
Eleflex electromagnetic powder brakes
You Might Also Be Interested In...
Pneumatic Brakes for Unwind Stands
Combiflex and Extreme pneumatic brakes for any roll stand - longest pad life, no squealing.
Electromagnetic Powder Brakes for Unwind Stands
Powder brakes for low-tension unwind applications - ideal in clean-room converting environments.
Digital Slitter Positioning System
Digitally assisted slitter positioning system facilitates accurate placement of slitting groups in web converting applications.
Receive a Free Quote