- Core Chucks
- Core Shafts
- Safety Chucks
- Roll Stands and Processing Modules
- Brakes / Brake Pads
- Core Cutters
- Reel Spools / Reel Spool Shafts
- Slitting Systems / Knife Holders / Slitting Accessories
- Material Handling
- Core Plugs
- Web Guides
- Web Tension Control Systems
- Rotary Unions
DF-2000 Torque-Activated Core Chuck Features
Automatic Concentric Expansion
As the torque chuck expands to grip a core, it automatically lifts and centers the roll, eliminating roll bounce and vibration.
No Lubrication ~ Minimal Maintenance
Little dust accumulation in the chuck means no jamming and easy removal of cores
No Sidearm Force Needed from the Roll Stand, Multiple Core Re-Use, Elimination of End-of-Roll Waste
The DF-2000 chuck grips harder as more torque is applied. Other chucks rely on sidearm force from the roll stand to push the gripping elements into the core wall. These chucks damage the core and waste material at the end of the roll.
- Custom machined mounting flange adapts core chuck to any roll stand
- Teflon thrust washer helps to ensure free movement of chuck
- Central hex
- Smooth gripping jaws with large surface area provide no-slip grip on any core material without damaging cores
- Rollers travel on hex cams with little friction to provide free expansion of jaws. Jaws grip effectively in light or heavy tension applications
- Roller cage
- End cap
- Socket head cap screw
|Smooth Gripping Jaws||Interior wall of core is not damaged.||Multiple core reuse|
|Serrations are not used so dust is not created||No maintenance or jamming, no contamination.|
|Torque Activation||Extreme sidearm force not necessary||Less core distortion and no end of roll waste|
|Rolls won't bow|
|Less roll stand fatigue; extended roll life|
|Patented Roller Design||Reliable grip regardless of torque magnitude||Run heavy and/or light rolls with any tension|
|True concentric expansion||Roll bounce is minimized or eliminated|
|Easier to control web tension|
|Lubrication isn’t needed; dust won’t accumulate||No jamming; chuck won’t get stuck in cores|
|Little friction inside chuck; less wear on parts||Little, if any, maintenance and longer chuck life|
|Wide range of expansion||Run butt rolls and rolls with core inconsistencies|
|Step Chuck||Single chuck can run various core sizes||Roll changes are effortless; even between sizes|
|Quick Disconnect Chuck||Interchangeable chucks mount to same plate on machines with width limitations||One center bolt allows quick change to various core size|
The Double E DF-2000 Torque-Activated Core Chuck
Double E's DF-2000's patented torque-activated shaftless design has made it the world's most effective and best-selling shaftless core chuck. Six precision-ground steel rollers are mechanically linked to travel up and down bi-directional ramps created by the back of the jaws and the hexagonal cam. This rolling action minimizes friction while causing expansion and retraction of the chuck’s jaws.
As a result, the chuck can be used in the lightest to heaviest tension applications. The chuck’s mechanical design eliminates the need for the sophisticated and expensive plumbing associated with pneumatic or hydraulic chucks. Rotary unions are also unnecessary with the DF–2000.
There are other chucks which are based on the torque-activated principle, but they use “sliding friction” inside the chuck for expansion. These chucks can’t overcome the friction created by the roll weight to lift and center the roll. A non-centering action results, causing roll bounce and possible jamming. Furthermore, their serrated jaws damage cores and create dust, leading to higher maintenance and more downtime.
DF-2000 "Extreme" Core Chuck
- Greatest structural & load bearing capacity of any corrugator roll stand chuck: 14,000 lbs. / 6364 kg
- Longest warranty or any core chuck on the market: 36 months.
- Load capacity is determined by the outside diameter of the center cam / carrying beam at the base of the chuck. The DF-2000 Extreme center cam diameter = 2.585'' / 65.7 mm. Absolutely the largest & most durable center cam / carrying beam in the corrugated chuck industry.
- Greatest safety factor of any corrugator chuck: Due to its 2.585'' / 65.7mm, ultra-high capacity center cam / carrying beam.
- Greatest torque capacity of any corrugator chuck (by far): 13,750 inch-lb. / 1554 Nm. The DF-2000 Extreme features expansion jaws with the largest "contact patch or touch" on the inside surface of a core.
- Greatest resistance to core tear out, slippage, & burn out due to the Extreme's industry leading contact patch.
- Larger & longer center cam / carrying beam, rollers, & jaws.
- Longest lasting corrugator chuck available, due to lower stressed internal parts. Larger, longer parts lower contact stress by spreading the load (roll weight) over a larger & longer area.
- Greatest expansion: 4.26'' / 108.2 mm.
- Best corrosion resistance: nickel plated.
- Factory parts & service available globally.
- Massive / comprehensive parts inventory. All Extreme chuck parts are in stock & available for next day shipping.
DF-2000 Step Torque Chucks
- Ideal for applications that require the use of multiple core sizes and where roll stand width capacity is not a concern.
- These core chucks can be any size with the base chuck being the largest.
- Step chucks incorporate all of the features of normally mounted DF–2000 chucks with the top chuck mounted on the base chuck in a "quick disconnect design.
- Top chuck may be swapped with any other size in a few minutes. If only two core sizes are being used, there is never a need to remove the top chuck.
DF-2000 Quick Disconnect Torque Chucks
- Quick core chuck changes among a variety of core sizes.
- Specially designed to be swapped on the fly, between rolls if necessary, with a single center bolt.
- An adapter plate is required for mounting.
- Best applied where roll stand width capacity is limited and changes of core sizes are frequent.
DF-2000 Slide-On Chuck Adapters
- Core chuck adapters are available in cases where multiple core sizes are used and quick changeovers are needed.
- Roll weights are limited to the base chuck specifications.
DF-2000 Core Kicker Chucks
- Automatic core ejection system.
- This “Core Kicker” features a core ejection device which kicks the core off the chuck as the roll stand opens.
DF-2000 Through-Shaft Torque Chucks
- For core sizes larger than three inches. (DF-1000 chucking systems for 3-inch cores).
- Chuck offers the same characteristics as all DF-2000 chucks, but mounts on a through-shaft in shafted applications.
- The opposite end of the roll is supported by a retractable roll collar.
You Might Also Be Interested In...
Pneumatic Brakes for Unwind Stands
Double E EE250 pneumatic brake products for any roll stand - longest pad life, no squealing.
Brake Pads for Unwind Stand Brakes
Brake pads for Re "Combiflex" and "Extreme" pneumatic brakes.
PC-4000 Torque-Independent Core Chucks
Core chuck with positive core grip regardless of torque magnitude or direction - for shaftless roll stands, unwind or rewind.
Shaftless Unwind Stands - Powell Engineering
Powell Engineering shaftless unwind stands minimize downtime between rolls. The proven Model EP and EP Junior stands make roll loading and unwinding easy and dependable.
Lightweight, high strength composite cores can be reused indefinitely - replace disposable fiber cores or heavy metal cores.
Carbon Fiber Expanding Lug Shafts
Carbon fiber core shafts minimize shaft weight without sacrificing strength or stiffness; perfect for unwind and rewind converting applications.
Receive a Free Quote