- Core Chucks
- Core Shafts
- Safety Chucks
- Roll Stands and Processing Modules
- Brakes / Brake Pads
- Core Cutters
- Reel Spools / Reel Spool Shafts
- Slitting Systems / Knife Holders / Slitting Accessories
- Material Handling
- Core Plugs
- Web Guides
- Web Tension Control Systems
- Rotary Unions
Unique Features of Double E Safety Chucks
Sliding safety chucks are safer, easier to operate, and more rugged than tilting safety chuck models.
Double E safety chucks only open in the upright position so roll security is guaranteed.
Safety chucks can be flange-mounted or foot-mounted, fixed or with sidelay adjustment.
- Unique jaw insert design compensates for shaft deflection; safety chuck does not bind.
- Sliding action sharply reduces possibility of finger jamming.
- Patented push button ensures roll security and operator safety.
- Patented circular engagement allows high torque while reducing noise and vibration.
- Removable jaws extend safety chuck life; easy and inexpensive to replace.
- Easy cross-reference for replacing existing safety chucks.
- Double E safety chucks only open in the upright position so roll security is guaranteed. Safety chucks close automatically if operator forgets to close them manually.
Standard safety chucks ship in seven business days or less!
Product and application specifications that determine FAST LANE availability.
Details coming soon
Design Possibilities / Accessories
Safety Chuck Sidelay Adjustment
- Accurate roll positioning.
- Easy handwheel operation.
- Fixed drive shaft option.
- Horizontal range up to 2” (50 mm) or 4” (100 mm).
Safety Chuck Swivel Base / Rotary Table
- Pivot chucks to correct baggy edges.
- Combine with sidelay adjustment for total two-dimensional control.
Air Operation Safety Chucks
- Large piston works as a double-acting air cylinder to open and close the chucks.
- Ideal when accessibility is difficult.
Safety Chuck Jaw Inserts / Shaft Engagements
Removable Jaw Inserts
- Proprietary jaw inserts accommodate shaft deflection. Binding is not an issue with Double E safety chucks. Safety chuck jaw inserts can be a fixed piece of the chuck or a removable part.
- Easy, inexpensive replacement.
- Unlike tilting safety chucks, retains torque capacity of square jaw.
- Double E recommended, and standard, option.
- Easiest for loading/unloading rolls.
Standard Circular (patented design)
- Allow high torque transmission and high speed.
- Minimize roll bounce, vibration, and rotational tapping noises.
- Easy roll loading and unloading
- Triangle engagement also available by request
You Might Also Be Interested In...
Auto-Lock™ Safety Chuck - The World’s Safest Safety Chuck™
The World's Safest Safety Chuck™ features Fail-Safe Closing™, guaranteeing automatic closing when the shaft begins to rotate.
Carbon Fiber Expanding Core Shafts
Carbon fiber core shafts minimize shaft weight without sacrificing strength or stiffness; perfect for unwind and rewind converting applications.
Expanding Air Shafts - Lug Shafts
Air shafts are available in steel, aluminum, or lightweight carbon fiber; suitable for all types of winding applications.
Arbres et Embouts à Réglettes pneumatiques STSR et SRC
Le STSR est un arbre à réglettes multi-vessies pour l'enroulage de multi-bobines, il peut être également utilisé pour le déroulage d'une bobine unique.
Receive a Free Quote