- Core Chucks
- Core Shafts
- Safety Chucks
- Roll Stands and Processing Modules
- Brakes / Brake Pads
- Core Cutters
- Reel Spools / Reel Spool Shafts
- Slitting Systems / Knife Holders / Slitting Accessories
- Material Handling
- Core Plugs
- Web Guides
- Web Tension Control Systems
- Rotary Unions
Increase Productivity and Maximize Throughput
Double E has revolutionized reel spool technology by using carbon fiber as a housing material for tissue mill reel spools. The tremendous stiffness-to-weight ratio of carbon fiber reel spools delivers dramatically increased speeds over more-common steel reel spools.
- Run heavier roll weights without changing hoisting requirements.
- Load carrying capacity is equal to or greater than steel.
- Carbon fiber housing allows faster critical speeds without increasing core size.
Carbon Fiber Expanding Reel Spool Shafts
HCRS-2000 (Hybrid Carbon Reel Spool)
- Proprietary carbon fiber and aluminum construction yields unmatched strength to weight ratio at a low cost.
- Convenient air operation with dual valve activation to guarantee roll security.
- High quality materials for exceptional performance and low maintenance.
- Reduced deflection and minimized vibration.
- Dual valve activation for fail-safe operation.
- Low cost / best value.
- Lower inertia.
- Lighter weight.
- Stronger than steel.
- Faster critical speeds.
Carbon Fiber Non Expanding Reel Spools
CCRS-2000 (Coated Carbon Reel Spool)
- Rubber cover grips tissue for easy startup winding; behaves exactly the same as familiar rubber coated steel reel spools.
- Easy replacement of existing steel reel spools.
- Higher critical speeds for increased throughput (without changing to a larger core diameter).
- Load capacity is equal or greater than steel; wind larger rolls without increasing hoisting requirements.
- Lightweight carbon fiber housing
You Might Also Be Interested In...
Core Plugs for the Tissue Industry
Large-diameter, lightweight core plugs (core inserts) for holding tissue or nonwovens jumbo rolls for converting.
Lightweight, high strength composite cores can be reused indefinitely - replace disposable fiber cores or heavy metal cores.
Carbon Fiber Rollers
Lightweight, low-inertia idler rollers.
Receive a Free Quote