- Core Chucks
- Core Shafts
- Safety Chucks
- Roll Stands and Processing Modules
- Brakes / Brake Pads
- Core Cutters
- Reel Spools / Reel Spool Shafts
- Slitting Systems / Knife Holders / Slitting Accessories
- Core Plugs
- Web Guides
- Web Tension Control Systems
- Rotary Unions
Appleton S210 Semi-Automatic Core Cutter
Easy-to-use, precise, creating clean cuts, the Appleton S210 Semi-Automatic Core Cutter is an affordable, low-volume core cutter built on a rugged steel frame and Appleton's well-known reputation in the industry.
- Easy to Use – With the core manually advanced to the target length, the operator needs only step on the foot pedal to activate the air-assisted cut-off knife
- Precise Cuts - The air-assisted fixed knife cuts to within +/-0.010 inch of the targeted length
- Clean Cuts – The fixed knife of the S210 Core Cutter makes clean, burnished cuts while generating virtually no dust or noise – making for a superior cut and a better work environment
- Energy Saving – Every Appleton core cutter features an auto-shutoff that turns off the cutter when left unattended, eliminating unnecessary energy costs while minimizing wear on moving cutter parts. As always, workers are safer when unattended machinery is not running
- Simplified Adjustment – Different core diameters require a simple change of the core mandrel. When core diameters change more frequently, Appleton's IDC (Instant Diameter Change) option will speed changeovers and improve productivity
- Installation and Training – Professional installation and training services are readily available from skilled technicians with years of core cutter experience
Over 60 years of Superior Support
The Appleton S210 also comes with an outstanding promise of support. If you should need technical assistance, service or replacement parts, Appleton will be there for you. Appleton still provides parts and service for core cutters built over 60 years ago – you can be assured our tradition of superior support will bring long-term value to your Appleton core cutter investment.
Appleton - A DOUBLE E Company
Appleton S210 Core Cutter Specifications, Options & Upgradess
Parent Core Length Range
- 5' to 14' (available in 1 foot increments)
- Note that core diameters under 3" limit machine length
Core Diameter Range
- 3" I.D. to 13" O.D.
- With options, range can be expanded down to 1" I.D. or up to 26" O.D.
- 1/4" to 5/8" (includes .660" cores)
- With options, range can be expanded down to 1/8" and up to 3/4". For heavier walls, contact Appleton Mfg. Division
Cut Length Range
- Minimum cut determined by core integrity (typically equal to wall thickness)
- Reference standard cut length in chart under Layout tab
- Note optional extended target for longer cut lengths
Cut Length Tolerance
- +/-0.010"(3 sigma)
- 3 phase electrical power. 15-25 amp circuit required depending on options
- 80 psi plant air. 1 scfm @ 50 cuts/minute, (cut rate, operator and core dependent)
Stroke Limit: For core wall thickness below 1/4" (prevents expansion of thin wall core I.D.).
Extended Target: Permits cut core lengths up to extended cut length column in chart (see Layout tab).
Large Core Diameter: Extends diameter capacity up to 26" O.D.
Additional Support Rollers: Permits core diameters down to 1" I.D.
Control Key Lock-Out: Requires a key to power up the machine.
Knives: A variety of options that match the cut to your materials.
Electrical System Controls: Motor starters, control voltage transformers and power disconnects are included. Customer specified components or locations optional.
Auto Indexing Knife: Rotates the knife 3/16" on the circumference automatically at operator preset number of cuts. Provides 40 knife positions for uniform cut quality and extended blade life.
Digital Readout: LCD read-out of target position (cut length) for consistent settings between operators.
Patented IDC (Instant Diameter Change) Mandrel System: Appleton's patented IDC mandrel system provides a multiple core diameter capability with a single mandrel and interchangeable cartridges. See the Core Cutter Upgrades page for more details.
Cut Counter: Records number of cuts made, re-settable.
Hand Pendant: Replaces foot pedal for hand control of cutting cycle.
You Might Also Be Interested In...
Appleton A301 Automatic Core Cutter
Appleton A301 Automatic Core Cutter, one of the World's best core cutters
Appleton A400 Automatic Core Cutter
Appleton A400 Automatic Core Cutter
Appleton P5 Line of Automatic Core Cutters
Appleton P5 line of Automatic Core Cutters
Appleton P610 Programmable Core Cutters
Appleton P619 Programmable Core Cutters
Appleton MDHS Programmable Core Cutters
Appleton MDHS Core Cutters
Manual Core Cutters
Basic core cutting machines for cutting cardboard fiber cores.
Lightweight, high strength composite cores can be reused indefinitely - replace disposable fiber cores or heavy metal cores.
Receive a Free Quote