- Core Chucks
- Core Shafts
- Safety Chucks
- Roll Stands and Processing Modules
- Brakes / Brake Pads
- Core Cutters
- Reel Spools / Reel Spool Shafts
- Slitting Systems / Knife Holders / Slitting Accessories
- Material Handling
- Core Plugs
- Web Guides
- Web Tension Control Systems
- Rotary Unions
Appleton P610 Programmable Core Cutter
Appleton's P610 Programmable Core Cutter line is designed for very large diameter cores and can also be upgraded to operate with Appleton Automation™
Easy Setup – The touch-screen control makes this unit extremely easy to operate. Set-up is streamlined by use of intelligent, on-screen operating menus, operator prompts and displayed production data.
Automated Core Advancement – A servo driven rack and pinion drive advances the core with perfect speed and control as dictated by the controller.
Precise, Polished Cuts – The air-assisted, fixed knife of the P610 makes clean, burnished cuts to within +/-0.020 - 0.030 inch of the targeted length while generating virtually no dust or noise.
Rugged Construction – The P610 may be the most affordable, automated, programmable core cutter on the market, yet it maintains Appleton's high standards for robust construction and durability. Constructed entirely in the U.S.A., the P610 programmable core cutter is built to last a lifetime.
Installation and Training – Professional installation and training services are readily available from skilled technicians with years of core cutter experience.
Over 60 years of Superior Support
The Appleton P5 line also comes with an outstanding promise of support. If you should need technical assistance, service or replacement parts, Appleton will be there for you. Appleton still provides parts and service for core cutters built over 60 years ago – you can be assured our tradition of superior support will bring long-term value to your Appleton core cutter investment.
Appleton - A DOUBLE E Company
Appleton P610 Core Cutter Line Specifications, Options & Upgradess
Parent Core Length Range
- 6' to 30'
Core Diameter Range
- 3" I.D. to 24" I.D. (with proper tooling)
- Up to 1"
Auto Indexing Knife
- Rotates the knife 3/16" on the circumference automatically at operator preset number of cuts. Provides 40 knife positions for uniform cut quality and extended blade life
Cut Length Range
- Minimum cut determined by core integrity (typically equal to wall thickness)
- Maximum up to parent core length minus trim
Cut Length Tolerance
- +/-0.020" - 0.030" each core
- +/-0.020" - 0.030" sum of each set
- 3 phase electrical power. 230/460V std., others optional
- 80 psi plant air
Units of Measure
- Specify English or Metric
Cutting Pad and Chuck Jaw Set
- One required for each core I.D.
- Up to 30' in 1' increments
RS232 Serial Interface
- Communication with other computers to allow downloading of production requirements
Additional Cut Set Storage
- Equipment can be added to expand the number of cut sets that can be stored
- Colors or paint formulations to meet your specifications
- Standard motor starters, control voltage transformers and power disconnects are included in the console. Customer specified components or locations are optional
- Other brand PLC/Servo controls available
Automated Core Handling- Systems to load and unload your parent and cut cores. See our Appleton Automation™ page for more details.
Short Core Tray or Full Length Core Tray- Appleton Mfg. Division can design and deliver an automation package to suit any situation. See our Appleton Automation™ page for more details.
Core Printer- Prints cut core length along core axis.
You Might Also Be Interested In...
Appleton S210 Semi-Automatic Core Cutter
Appleton S210 Semi-Automatic Core Cutter is one of the World's best core cutters
Appleton A301 Automatic Core Cutter
Appleton A301 Automatic Core Cutter, one of the World's best core cutters
Appleton A400 Automatic Core Cutter
Appleton A400 Automatic Core Cutter
Appleton P5 Line of Automatic Core Cutters
Appleton P5 line of Automatic Core Cutters
Appleton MDHS Programmable Core Cutters
Appleton MDHS Core Cutters
Manual Core Cutters
Basic core cutting machines for cutting cardboard fiber cores.
Lightweight, high strength composite cores can be reused indefinitely - replace disposable fiber cores or heavy metal cores.
Receive a Free Quote